Vtech Sit-To-Stand Learning Walker
VTech Sit-To-Stand Learning Walker (Frustration Free Packaging), Blue
Vtech Sit-To-Stand Learning Walker good for kids. Let me begin by stating the obvious – Yes, my LO really likes this walker. Let me also clear up any confusion on why my LO likes this walker – My LO likes this as a toy, loves the music and sounds. Also, loves opening and closing the small door as well as loves to press the various buttons on the toy.
The walker (all pieces connect together well) complete with the batteries.
– The handle bar on top
– The legs with wheels attached
– The front body with wheels attached
– The musical unit which has the batteries already installed
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU MAKE THE PURCHASE:
– The musical sounds are perfect – not too loud to frighten the baby at the same time not too low to not be audible. Also, there are two settings available on the musical unit to control the amount of sound.
– The handle is the perfect height for a baby learning to walk.
– There are various activities that a baby can do. My LO loved to open and shut the door. Loved to hit the cow and hear the ‘moo moo’ sounds.
– The rolling rattle on the bottom is also great for keeping a small baby entertained.
– This toy can be used starting when your baby is able to sit up all the way up to the baby learning to stand and walk.
– There are two settings to control the speed of the walker (however, we have never used more than one which is the slowest – We have used this walker on hardwood floors – you might want to use the faster setting if using on carpet)
– The musical unit will keep your LO entertained for hours!
– I feel that this the grip on the tires could be improved upon. We have had a couple falls, not really bad ones, and while I understand that kids fall and hurt themselves, its not fun when your LO is attempting to stand with the walkers help and the walker slips and runs away. A little more traction could have helped even at the slowest settings – It would help is the manufacturer could add a silicon band or something on the tires to help with the use on hardwood flooring.
– It interlocking gears are a little difficult for the babies to play with.
– The small phone is just asking to be lost. 🙂
The walker is really cool but it could do with a few improvements. Also, the first picture on the listing probably shows the older version of this toy which provided a few different things than is provided in this newer version. The older model had numbers from 1 to 5 on the keyboard, this is not the same with the newer model where these have been replaced by the musical sounds. Also, there were fruits on the triangle, circle and square buttons , these have been replaced by numbers 1, 2 and 3. The farm door was different. Another thing thats different is the the rattles on the bottom. The older version had 3 rattles, the newer one has two, the one in the middle has been replaced by a sticker. I was really hoping to get the older model when I brought this product but settled for the newer version. Had this product been for me I would have rated this at 2 stars but since my LO liked to play with it so much, I never ended up returning it. LO is now almost 17 months old and no longer plays with the walker, but it was definitely one of those things that held her interest for a good while.
All in all, this was much better than the other walkers we tried. The other name brand walker we purchased was no where in comparison to this walker. Please note – pediatricians now recommend not using a walker, I feel if you are constantly watching over your LO this is probably the safest walker and the most fun walker out there – minus the differences in the older and the newer models. You can probably get a couple of thicker rubber bands and put them on the rear wheels to help with traction.Promised Review By Flowers