Seneo Wireless Charger
This is the THIRD Seneo Wireless Charger I’ve tried for the iPhone 11 Pro Max, Apple Watch Series 5, and Apple (First Gen) Air Pods. This *by far* the best and the others were -crap- one brand cost $10 more than this Seneo unit!
The significant ADVANTAGES of this Seneo unit over others I and tried and returned:
– Seneo does wireless charging right for iPhones. My wife and I used the the older phone-only Seneo charging-stand since the iPhone 8 Plus, and it’s been reliable for years. It looked very nice and just worked. Nice modestly lit discrete light strip on the stand on that unit was blue when no phone and turned green when you set the phone in the stand so you knew it was charging.
This unit is similar but smaller panel light. After getting exasperated with two other “triple-play” stands (e.g. unit for phone, watch, airpods) (that I had to return), I was thrilled to bumped into this Seneo triple play unit on Amazon. Got it and we love it. Seneo’s design/engineering team is noticeably more skilled than other brands because they got all the important details and fittings right. Looks, fittings, design, user-friendly/ergonomics and reliability. That’s no accident, that company knows what it’s doing. Note: I’m NOT affiliated, but I do engineering work and love things that work well, so I notice such details.
– It has a small footprint, so it grips and stays poised more even on slightly uneven surfaces. That compactness also saves space. It is a decent looking unit. Some units I’ve seen on Amazon may look a little sexier, but the ones I’ve seen tend to either cost more, or the phone lies flat, or they have a bigger footprint, or they require the latest most expensive *wireless* charging Air Pod case, so not good for older (wired charging) Air Pods.
– The phone stand, and the watch/airpod section are magnetically attached to each other with a clever connection apparatus, engineered to works flawlessly. It behaves as a single unit, but allows you to use the phone charger and watch/airpod charger separately if you need to.
– The Seneo unit has only ONE cable coming out the back! That’s important because it avoids an ugly multi-cable mess and requiring more charging units / receptacles in the wall.
– With this unit you use the charger that came with the iPhone, the charger disc that comes with the Apple Watch and, I don’t recall, but I believe you need the *cable* that comes with the Air Pods (or similar). The watch charger disc press-fits into the stand neatly, and the cables are perfectly concealed in the watch/airpod section of the stand by a sliding door on the bottom of the stand, where you plug the cables in, tuck them inside and slide the door back on. And, whalla! … all cables perfectly hidden and one discreet cable coming neatly out the back.
HERE IS WHAT I DID NOT LIKE ABOUT THE OTHER BRANDS (THAT I TRIED AND DISGUSTEDLY RETURNED):
A DIFFERENT VENDOR we tried was so *badly* engineered it require a 3-cable rat’s nest coming out the back! Who signed-off on that abomination? No one wants to see three cables running-up to a single unit if they can avoid it!
And that other unit cost just as much or more than the Seneo! Also, that other brand had cable guides (grooves on the underside) that you had to route the cables through, but they didn’t even have any kind of tabs or mechanism to hold the cables in place, plus, the cables were too loose in the guides, so somehow not only were they a hassle to press in, but if you lifted or moved the unit, the cables popped out and then the stand would not sit flat! I mean that kind of amateur junk should not even be on the market! I suspect a lot of similar knock-offs have that problem, since some are just the same models re-branded or just variations from the same amateur engineering mentality.
An another vendor/model we had simply would not wirelessly charge the iPhone 11 Pro Max even through a *thin* silicone iPhone case! To wirelessly charge the phone, we had to have NO case on it, making that other brand *worthless* as a wireless charger!
I found other vendor/models trying to sell a lot of units by foisting themselves off as all-things to all phones (e.g. tried to work with any and every phone manufacturer, size and model), but don’t succeeed at anything particularly well. One unit had the charging coil kind of exposed on a movable pad that you had to use a dial to mov up and down try to find the right location for your phone model and brand and size. It not only looked tacky, but is obviously not necessary because Seneo units have a clean simple nice looking, nicely finished flat backrest that works flawlessly and requires no adjustment.Promised Review By ZUBAE