Kidde Smoke Alarm Beeping
Kidde Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detector, Battery Powered, Interconnect Combination Smoke & CO Alarm, Voice Alert
Kidde Smoke Alarm Beeping is very nice product. Last evening at 9 pm. my kidde alarm when off. I have a wood stove and sometimes I can get a little smoke in the house and the alarm has gone off for that. But last night it started saying, carbon monoxide. That has never happened before. I called 911, they said to get out of the house and wait. When the fire department came they said I had high levels of carbon monoxide in the house. 60%
The alarm is upstairs high on the ceiling near the top of the stairs. I was watching TV downstairs and first I heard the beeping, I turned down the TV volume and clearly heard the voice warning for Carbon Monoxide.
The fire department said I was lucky. They said I should have a detector on all levels. Carbon Monoxide stays low to the ground where as smoke goes up. By the time the Carbon Monoxide got upstairs to trigger the alarm there was already a major build up of the poison gas downstairs.
This morning the plumber is on his way over to figure out where the gas came from. I just order two more Kidde detectors, just like the one that saved me last night.Promised Review by David Allan